Description of Kids First:
Cultural Care Kids First Foundation, or Kids First, is a charitable foundation created to help children in need all over the world. Established by Cultural Care Au Pair, an au pair organization based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Kids First is a non-profit 501(c)3 public charity assisting organizations that provide direct services to underprivileged children. Unique to Kids First is our goal to help at-risk kids not only survive, but to thrive. For this reason, our contributions most often fund projects that will enhance a child’s ability to learn a new skill, realize a dream, and to have fun. Follow this LINK to learn about some of the organizations Kids First has been able to help.
The Kids First campaign was first established in 2003. Many people within the Cultural Care organization were organizing events to raise money for local charities so it was natural to gather around one goal. Our first project was an orphanage in Moscow, Russia where we had just opened our newest office. Our new mission was enthusiastically received and within just a few years, we were able to donate what the orphanage needed the most – a school bus. As everyone within the organization, along with host families and au pairs, truly embraced Kids First, we were able to expand our mission to more countries as well as organizations in the U.S.
Our mission statement
“Cultural Care Kids First Foundation, drawing on the strength of the global community of Cultural Care Au Pair, provides resources to support organizations that strive to make a lasting difference in the lives of children in need around the world.”
100%+ to the children
Cultural Care Kids First Foundation is proud to say that 100% of all funds raised and donated go directly to organizations that provide direct care to children in need. And, every dollar raised goes even farther because Cultural Care Au Pair matches all donations, dollar for dollar, and covers administrative costs of the program. Most of the matched funds from Cultural Care Au Pair are used for partner projects as well, although a portion is reserved for emergency assistance, administration costs and to finance service trips and outreach visits to programs we are helping.
Who We Help
Cultural Care Kids First Foundation helps children in need around the world. From Boston to Bangalore, Sao Paulo to South Africa, Kids First has made a lasting difference in the lives of children through the purchase of books, buildings, educational supplies, art classes, playgrounds, computers, scholarships, school fees and more. Through our grant program, Fund Their Future, and other grants, we have reached children in 75 organizations in 17 countries.
Some of the organizations that have received support from Kids First over the years are:
- Aldeas Infantiles SOS Colombia/SOS Children’s Villages [Olympic field day] Bogota, Colombia
- Asian Task Force [playroom renovation] Massachusetts, USA
- Associacao dos Amigos do Autistas [sensory room] Brazil
- Associacao Sao Luiz [craft classes] Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Baby’s Bounty [educational toys] Rockville, Maryland, USA
- Boom Dance Ink Seattle [dance classes] Seattle, Washington, USA
- Casa Hogar San Jose/Casa Connection [English lessons] Colima, Mexico
- Chester Children’s Chorus [sheet music] Chester, Pennsylvania, USA
- Connie’s Home [playground equipment] Thailand.
- Cradles to Crayons [backpacks of school supplies] Boston, Massachusetts, USA,
- Fresh Air Fund [outdoor summer outing] Salem, Massachusetts, USA
- Fundacion Amigos Como Arroz [books and school supplies] Bogota, Colombia
- Fundacion Desayunitos [mats for playroom] Bogota, Colombia,
- Fundacion Gente Unida [school supplies] Medellin, Colombia
- Hope for Children Foundation [sewing machines] Colon, Mexico
- MarbleJam Kids, Inc [instruments] River Edge, New Jersey, USA
- Mill City Grows [nutrition classes] Lowell, Massachusetts, USA
- Multicultural Colombia [English program and supplies] Medellin, Colombia
- Operation Refugee Child [backpacks of supplies] Greece and Jordan
- PeacePlayers International [City-wide basketball tournament] Durban, South Africa
- PENCIL Foundation [backpacks and supplies] Nashville, Tennessee, USA
- Peter Paul Development Center [after-school reading program] Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Project Hope [books, instruments and craft supplies] Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Project Mexico [school buddies program] Tijuana, Mexico
- READ Alliance [materials and tutors] New York City, New York, USA
- Sahasra Deepika [books, educational materials] Karnataka, India
- Shakespeare in the City [drama classes] Los Angeles, California, USA
- Shropshire Music Foundation [musical instruments] Litchfield, Arizona, USA
- Siluncedo [musical instruments] Cape Town, South Africa
- SOS Lastekula Eesti Uhing/SOS Children’s Villages [summer vacation camp] Tallinn, Estonia
- The Bridge Home for Children [outings for teens] Kansas City, Missouri, USA
- The Happy Africa Foundation [street cricket program] Western Cape, South Africa
- The Kindness Connection [volunteer craft day] Chicago, Illinois, USA
- The Juline Foundation for Children [dance classes] Modesto, California, USA
- The Sharing Shelf [backpacks of school supplies] Port Chester, New York, USA
- The SOLD Project [classroom and sala] Chiang Rai, Thailand
- Urban Roots [gardening classes] Reno, Nevada, USA
- UNICEF [school kits] New York, New York, USA
- World Reader [e-readers and e-books] San Francisco, California, USA
A few of the projects we’ve done.
Thanks to volunteers in our office and our ambassador au pairs all over the country, we have stacks of colorful board books to bring to children living in an impoverished community in Colombia! Our Kids First representatives will be delivering the books to an after-school program next week so the children can learn English. Thanks to all of our staff and our ambassadors for creativity and hard work.
A Kids First donation to Multicultural Colombia, an organization whose mission is to support the country’s internal refugees, was used to finish buying all of the 2017 academic material for 35 kids! Diego Garzon, one of the project’s organizer’s said, “Thank you again for you’re help—the money has been a true blessing to our project.”
Thank you Leawood Lions on behalf of leadership for bringing in your change all week. Your change, a total of $126.96 will go to, Cultural Care Kids First Foundation which helps children in need around the world. You are part of making a difference in the lives of children. And, every dollar raised, ($126.96) goes even farther because Cultural Care Au Pair will match this donation, dollar for dollar…$253.92.
Tuesday, 13 December 2016 9:34 PM