The Education Component for Au Pairs
- 72-90 hours (non-credit courses)
- Documentation is required (example: certificate, an official letter from the school, or transcript).
- The school must be a post-secondary accredited institution.
- Host family has agreed to pay the cost of academic coursework up to $500.00.
- (Education and Vacation follow the au pair)
- The education requirements must be met by the end of the 11th month in order for an au pair to participate in the extension program.
- Not acceptable for Education component
- Online or distance learning courses (including hybrid courses)
- Study tours such as Trek America
225 E. 16th Ave, Suite 120
Denver, CO 80203
6-week term/classes held on Saturdays from 9-3 pm.
Colorado School of English
331 14th Street, #300
Denver, CO 80202
(Downtown Denver at 14th Street & Tremont Place)
Colorado School of English offers a part-time and a full-time class schedule. The school also offers the TOEFL TEST.
This program allows students to take advantage of our service learning component of the curriculum. The full-time classes Monday through Thursday will instill the foundation students need to improve their ESL skills and the carefully selected volunteer opportunities on Fridays will ensure that the skills learned in the classrooms are applied in real life.
- Whether you want to prepare for your first TOEFL iBT or improve your current scores, Colorado School of English is the right place to begin and succeed.
- Start any Monday
- 4 to 24 weeks
- $250 a week (Full Time)
- $90 a week (Part-Time)
- A high score on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is an essential step in being admitted to graduate or undergraduate programs at most U.S. colleges and universities. At CSE we use the latest technology to help students polish the language skills needed for the exam and generally make them smarter test-takers
TOEFL preparation is a component of our Intensive English Program and is designed to help students review grammar, build vocabulary, and develop reading, listening, and speaking skills. Students also do practice TOEFL tests.
1860 Lincoln St
For the following 3 Community Colleges: Arapahoe, Aurora, and Red Rocks Community College YOU ARE ONLY ABLE TO TAKE COURSES THROUGH THE COMMUNITY EDUCATION DEPARTMENT, NOT the regular college course classes. Please follow these steps if you chose to take a community education class at one of the following community colleges.
Step 1. Call the number listed under the community college of interest and speak to the person named. Identify yourself as an au pair. (If the person isn’t available when you call, identify yourself upon registration with the Community Education office)
Step 2. Check the Au Pair box on the course registration form.
Step 3. Identify yourself as an Au Pair with the instructor at the first-course session
Step 4. Attendance for every class session is critical for reporting hours to your Au Pair agency
Step 5. Instructors maintain attendance records so they can verify the number of contact hours earned for the class
Step 6. Upon completion of the course, your instructor will total the number of hours you attended the class
Step 7. The instructor completes an Au Pair Verification form and forwards it to the Community Education office
Step 8. The Community Education office will then issue a Certificate of Attendance to you. Allow 7 business days to process this request.
Step 9. Certificates will be mailed to you at the address on file in the Community Education office unless otherwise specified.
Requests for attendance certificates will not be accepted after 45 days beyond the end of the term for which you are registered.
Arapahoe Community College – Follow the Steps Above – Community Education Classes
- Littleton Campus
5900 S. Santa Fe Dr. Littleton, CO
Kelly LoCascio (Let Kelly know which location)
ACC Community Education
Step-by-step directions for au pairs to register for classes: https://www.arapahoe.edu/community-education/contact-us/au-pairs
- Castle Rock Campus
4700 Castleton Way Castle Rock, CO 80109
Aurora Community College
16000 E Centretech Pkwy
Aurora, CO 80011
- The International Student Advisor can be reached by phone at (303) 340-7508 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: during peak advising (April – June), it may take up to 72 hours to receive a response or email Stephanie.Lawton@ccaurora.edu.
- CCA offers non-credit classes in English as a Second Language for students interested in building their English skills, as well as Citizenship classes for those who are preparing for the U.S. Citizenship exam. Classes are very affordable, and students can take weekday or Saturday classes. For additional information, contact Stephanie Lawton, Director of Community ESL at Stephanie.email@example.com.
Red Rocks Community College – Follow the Steps Above – Community Education Classes
13300 W. 6th Ave
Lakewood, Colorado 80228
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
MSU Denver South Campus
5660 Greenwood Plaza Blvd., Suite 100
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
You are able to audit courses at this location per instructor’s approval – $95 per credit.
https://msudenver.edu/innovative-lifelong-learning/auditacourse/ – Process to Audit a Course and the Form to Fill out with Instructors Approval
University of Denver (Enrichment Program)
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, CO 80208
Program Coordinator – Charles Stillwagon
The Enrichment Program is a non-credit program so there is no auditing and no college credits issued. Students can pay for college courses and then receive a certificate relating hours completed. Each student would need to have their course instructor complete the attendance sheet at the link below before requesting a certificate.
University of Colorado Boulder (CU) International English Center
2017 list of classes available to au pairs. Register at the link provided below and to view the class schedule. Au Pair Language and Culture
Contact: Eriko Yatabe-Waldock
Cultural & Community Programs Manager
- Silver Bay (East Coast in Albany, NY.) www.silverbayaupaircourse.com
- Alliant International University (West Coast in San Diego and San Francisco) www.alliant.edu/aupair
- Au Pair Weekend (Boston, Chicago, San Diego, San Francisco, Tampa, Utah) https://www.aupairclasses.org/city-programs
Other options to practice your English:
St. Francis of Assisi Our mission in the ESL Ministry is committed to providing instruction in the English Language. This mission is an effort from Catholic Charities Central Colorado – Castle Rock Office. ESL students come from many different countries, diverse cultures, and educational backgrounds. They also have many common needs.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
The Community ESL Program – Community College of Aurora
The Community ESL Program offers classes year-round. We have four 10-week terms per year, with terms that start in January, April, July, and October. Click on the links below for information about our different classes.
Monday, 14 November 2016 6:41 PM